After working at the Ohio Department of Liquor Control for eight years as Chief in various Divisions, including Beer and Wine and Permits, my career transitioned to private practice. For the past 25 years, I’ve represented alcoholic beverage retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers in licensing and compliance matters before the Division of Liquor Control, the Ohio Liquor Control Commission and the U.S. Department of Treasury Alcohol Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau. My clients include breweries, distilleries, single location and multi-unit retail and restaurant businesses across the state and nation.
- Earned the Martindale-Hubbell "A-V" peer-rated designation (legal ability "Preeminent")
- Featured in Columbus Business First - Twenty People To Know (November, 2015)
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms – Certificate of Appreciation, 1985, 1987 and 1989
- WCI, Inc. v. Ohio Liquor Control Com’n., 116 Ohio St.3d 547, 2008-Ohio-88, 880 N.E.2d 901.
- C&H Investors, Inc. v. Ohio Liquor Control Com’n., 10th Dist. No. 01AP 912, 2002-Ohio-2226.
- C&H Investors, Inc. v. Ohio Liquor Control Com’n. (Dec. 9, 1999), 10th Dist. No. 98AP-1519, 1999 WL 1124672.
- Planet Earth Entertainment, Inc. v. Ohio Liquor Control Com’n. (1998), 125 Ohio App. 3d 619, 709 N.E.2d 220.
Other Professional Experience
- Ohio Department of Liquor Control in various capacities, including Assistant Chief Counsel to the Director Chief of Beer & Wine Division, Chief of Investigative Services, and Chief of Permits, 1983-1991
- University of Akron, J.D., 1982
- Kent State University, BGS, 1977
- Ohio, 1982
- Kentucky, 1992
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1983
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2015
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
Publications and Presentations
Numerous articles in trade publications and presentations before industry members.