For over 20 years I have represented clients in all sorts of business litigation, ensuring that a client’s positions are clearly, forcefully and convincingly argued to the court and opposing parties. I have also argued before nearly all of Ohio’s District Courts of Appeals.
- 2005-2006 Super Lawyers Journal "Rising Star"
- 2008 Franklin County Municipal Court Award for Service as Volunteer Pro Bono Counsel for Overseas United States Military Personnel Seeking Stays of Civil Legal Actions Pursuant to Federal Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- Williams v. Spitzer Autoworld Canton, L.L.C., 122 Ohio St.3d 546, 2009-Ohio-3554.
- Geer v. United Precast, Inc., 19 Am. Disabilities Cas. (BNA) 51, 40 Employee Benefits Cas. (BNA) 1219, 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 9209 (S.D.Ohio 2007).
- Internet Transaction Solutions, Inc. v. Intel Corp., 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 29532 (S.D.Ohio 2006).
- In re DPL, Inc. Securities Litigation, 247 F.Supp.2d 946 (S.D.Ohio 2003).
- State ex rel. Maynard v. Invensys Application Controls, 105 Ohio St.3d 176, 2005-Ohio-1147.
- Masiongale Elec.-Mech., Inc. v. Construction One, Inc., 102 Ohio St.3d 1, 2004-Ohio-1748.
- State ex rel. Wiley v. Whirlpool Corp., 100 Ohio St.3d 110, 2003-Ohio-5100.
- State ex rel. Liposchak v. Indus. Comm., 90 Ohio St.3d 276, 2000-Ohio-73.
- Norris v. Philander Chase Co. and Kenyon College, 5th Dist. No. 10-CA-04, 2010-Ohio-5297.
- Frazier v. Fairfield Med. Ctr., 5th Dist. No. 08CA90, 2009-Ohio-4869.
- Lowrey v. Fairfield Med. Ctr., 5th Dist. No. 08 CA 85, 2009-Ohio-4470.
- Reynoldsburg City Sch. Dist. Bd. of Edn. v. Licking Heights Local Sch. Dist. Bd. of Edn., 10th Dist. No. 08AP-415, 2008-Ohio-5969.
- Niehaus v. Columbus Maennerchor, 10th Dist. No. 07AP-1024, 2008-Ohio-4067.
- Selby Gen. Hosp. v. Kindig, 4th Dist. No. 04CA53, 2006-Ohio-4383.
- Citibank (South Dakota), N.A. v. Stein, 5th Dist. No. 05CA71, 2006-Ohio-2674.
- Redmon v. City Council of Columbus, 10th Dist. No. 05AP-466, 2006-Ohio-2199.
- City of Mentor v. CSX Transp., Inc., 11th Dist. Nos. 2003-L-099 and 2003-L-100, 2005-Ohio-3386.
- Mitchell v. Mid-Ohio Emergency Servs., L.L.C., 10th Dist. No. 03AP-981, 2004-Ohio-5264.
- Pingue v. Pingue, 5th Dist. No. 03-CA-E-12070, 2004-Ohio-4173.
- Baker v. Columbiana Cty. Auditor, 10th Dist. No. 01AP-1190, 2002-Ohio-4305.
- G. Rand Smith Co., L.P.A. v. Footbridge Capital, LLC, 3d Dist. Nos. 14-01-39 and 14-01-40, 2002-Ohio-2189.
- Gower v. Conrad, 146 Ohio App.3d 200 (2001).
- Baker v. Adm., Bureau of Workers Comp., 140 Ohio App. 3d 766 (2000).
- Crevison v. Navistar Int’l, 2d Dist. No. 97 CA 75 (1998).
- The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., 1990
- Northwestern University, B.A., 1987
- Ohio, 1990
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1991
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2002
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2002
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Co-Author, "The Peer Review Privilege: When and How is it Subject to Waiver?" 9 MedStaff News 1 (Mar. 2010) (cited as authoritative in Stewart v. Vivian, 12th Dist. No. CA2011-06-050, 2012-Ohio-228)