Combining experience and instinct, I help clients achieve their growth plans, including entity formation, complex acquisitions, financings, and commercial and residential real estate purchases, sales, and leases. I serve as general counsel to several trade associations and other organizations. I regularly represent clients in labor and employment matters, handling union grievances and arbitrations, unfair labor practice charges, discrimination charges and serve as chief negotiator for collective bargaining negotiations. I review and prepare individual employment contracts and severance arrangements. I have appeared in Common Pleas Courts and Courts of Appeals throughout the state and the Supreme Court of Ohio. I have served as a Hearing Examiner for the Ohio Attorney General and the Ohio Department of Commerce. And I am a “Judge” --- for over 15 years I have been a “Judge” of the Gourmet Division of Pizza Pizzazz Competition at the North America Pizza & Ice Cream Show.
- Earned the Martindale-Hubbell "A-V" peer-rated designation Preeminent
- Top Rated Lawyers in Central Ohio
- Hearing Examiner for the Ohio Department of Commerce
- Former Assistant Attorney General for the State of Ohio
- Former Special Counsel and Hearing Officer for the Ohio Attorney General's Office
- As chief negotiator, negotiated numerous collective bargaining agreements with or on behalf of private employers and unions.
- Handled union grievances before arbitrators.
- Represented clients before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and State Employment Relations Board (SERB) on bargaining unit clarifications, unfair labor practice charges, and other labor issues.
- Defended clients against EEOC and OCRC discrimination charges.
- Authored extensive manual, and frequently conducts training seminars, on Ohio's mechanics' lien law, claims against bonds, and prompt-pay law.
Appearing Before Administrative Agencies
Bob has years of experience representing clients' interests before the:
- Board of Health
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission
- Ohio Department of Liquor Control
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Ohio Industrial Commission
- National Labor Relations Board
- Pharmacy Board
- Ohio Public Utilities Commission
- Racing Commission
- Real Estate Commission
- State Employment Relations Board
- State Personnel Board of Review
- The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, J.D.
- Miami University, B.A.
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Community and Civic Involvement
- Lawyers Club of Columbus
– Past President
- Upper Arlington Civil Service Commission
– Past President