Steve's practice focuses on representation of nursing homes in cases involving allegations of medical negligence, representation of health care providers facing disciplinary action by their licensing boards, immigration, and veteran's disability cases.
For more extensive information on Steve's immigration practice, visit his Immigration and Visa Law website.
1995 - present
- Nursing Home / Assisted Living: Defend nursing homes and other long term care facilities in suits alleging malpractice, wrongful death, and violations of the Ohio nursing home resident's bill of rights.
- Medical Licensing: Represent physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other health care providers in disciplinary proceedings taken against them by Ohio licensing boards.
- Immigration: Represents foreign nationals, and U.S. employers in family and employment based applications for non-immigrant visas, U.S. permanent residency, and U.S. citizenship.
- Veteran's Disability: Represents U.S. military veterans in applications for compensation based on service connected injuries.
Other Professional Experience
- United States Army, Judge Advocate General's Corps, 1986-1994
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 1985
- Michigan State University (James Madison College), B.A., 1982
- Ohio, 1996
- Arizona, 1990
- Michigan, 1986
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1999
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- National Organization for Veteran's Advocates
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
Community and Civic Involvement
- Employer Support of the (National) Guard and Military Reserve
- Columbus Bar Foundation
– Sustaining Member
Publications and Presentations
- "Verify the Employment Status of Aliens and Stay Out of Trouble," Presentation at Columbus Bar Association for clients (March 30, 2007)
- "Limiting Nursing Home Malpractice Risk," Wexner Heritage Village (July 28, 2005)
- "What Constitutes a Serious Medical Condition Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)," Council on Education in Management, FMLA seminar, Concourse Hotel, Columbus, Ohio (January 26, 2005)
- "Rights and Obligations of National Guard and Reserve Soldiers Under the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)," 412th Civil Affairs Battalion, Columbus, Ohio (December 2002)